Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Bootcamp Body: Day 1

This is not how I looked or felt, but I googled fitness bootcamp
and came across all these images of happy people!  Maybe this
is how I am supposed to look at the end of the program!


We spend so much time talking about losing weight...I told you all before, I am not motivated to get up off my rump and do anything.  I really want to get in shape before my cruise in November, even better would be in time for bikini season this year, but I'm just not a self starter!  I participated in contest to win a FREE month of fitness bootcamp with Bootcamp at Bishop Park.  Ireally wanted to bust my booty into shape! Even though I did not win, Marietta was kind enough to give me a free month!  I'm really a try it before you buy it kind of gal, and I know I'm not motivated enough to work out on my own...so I'm really excited about this!

I had my first work out yesterday morning.  My class is at 5:15am (I am so not an early bird, but this was important to me).  So, I hopped out of bed (crawled slowly is more like it) at 4:15.   I got dressed and headed out the door.  I stopped at the gas station for a super nutritious breakfast.  I figured a Nutrigrain bar would beat out a donut (although a donut sounded really good) and I went with a super healthy Sunny D (I don't drink OJ and I really wanted a coke).  The only problem with this was I ate 5 minutes before class started (huge mistake).

When I got to class, our instructor measured me (yes you will get to see these numbers at the end) and it was time to go.  We started off with a nice jog around the ball courts (which I only made it around 1x running and half jogged/walked the second time).  The started the main event.  We did several work out combinations including push ups, sit ups, running, lifting weights, etc...  Since this is a work out schedule that is paid for I will not tell you the exact details of Bootcamp at Bishop Park,  but I will say it was very intense!  We worked out for an hour straight...I did stop three times to throw up (thanks to only giving myself 5 minutes to digest my food). 

By the end of the hour, I was sweaty, tired, and embarrassed.  I am signed up for the regular class, not the beginner class (definitely suggest the beginner class for lazy bones like myself).  I will say no one laughed at me and I was not the only one struggling, but still I was embarrassed.  Our instructor, Marietta, is super nice.  I was afraid we would have a drill seargent type instructor (which I was very nervous about), but she encouraged us to set a goal and push a little bit further past that goal. 

I have to say, I am very proud of myself for completing the first course.  Last night, I crashed hard when I went to sleep.  I really don't think I moved a muscle all night...but when I woke up this morning, I felt as though I had been hit by a truck!  I feel muscles in my body that I had no idea were there.  When I cough, my stomach hurts.  My job involves me having to go up and down stairs a few times a day...and my body screams with each step.  But, I'm not going to give up!  I figure by the end of this month, I will really be on a roll to where I need to go. 

Check out Bootcamp at Bishop Park for more information on Marietta's workout programs and class schedules.  If you aren't a self motivated person (like me)...then this is a great opportunity for you to get started.  If you aren't local, check out your town for information like this.  I know Bryant and Little Rock have several different fitness bootcamps going on all year long.


No comments:

Post a Comment